ePub and Mobi Conversions for a Leading Academic Publisher
The client is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning, and research solutions for academic, professional, and library markets globally. Its products and services are designed to foster academic excellence and professional development, increase student engagement, improve learning outcomes, and deliver authoritative information to people whenever and wherever they need it.
With an annual revenue of approximately $2 billion, the company has 5,500 employees with operations in over 20 countries. The client required Lumina Datamatics to provide XML and e-book conversion services for both ePub and Mobi formats for its line of digital products.
- Multiple source formats to be converted to e-book formats
- Over a million pages to be converted in short time
- Stringent QA requirements
Solution and Approach
As an end-to-end service provider with a strong focus on customer needs and aligning its offerings with customer goals, Lumina Datamatics was the perfect fit for the highly demanding needs of the publisher. The following solution was implemented:
- A customer-specific and dedicated team was set up to work within both onshore and offshore time zones to ensure effective time and communication management
- Availability of the team in the client time zone also ensured faster query resolution
Lumina Datamatics used the following approach:
- A dedicated team was set up, including an independent QA facility
- A customized tool set was designed to ingest multiple source formats
- A standard style sheet was created to generate e-books for the publisher
- The team was able to offer a swift turnaround of 8–10 days as against the usual time of 15 days for the completion production lots